My kids have a fascination with “cheese biscuits” and it makes a nice change from making cookies all the time. This recipe works well …
Cheese Shapes – Makes 20 (depending on size)
125g/4oz Plain Flour
50g/20z Grated Cheese
1 Egg Yolk
Set oven to 200C/400F or Gas Mark 6
- Sieve the flour into a big bowl and add the cayenne pepper
- Cut the butter into small cubes with a blunt knife. Rub the pieces into the flour so that it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Grate the cheese and stir it into butter and flour.
- Add the egg yolk and enough water to make stiff dough.
- Knead until the dough is smooth.
- On a lightly floured table roll the dough until it is 1cm thick.
- Cut into shapes with a cutter or a knife.
- Carefully place the shapes onto a baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.